Learn More About Our Oral Surgery Procedures. Call Today!856-997-2767
Get Great Results From Oral Surgery in Swedesboro, NJ
Swedesboro, NJ dentist Dr. Elizabeth Fox performs a lot of restorative dental work, including full-mouth reconstructions. Because these procedures sometimes require damage caused by bone loss to be repaired first, Dr. Fox offers bone grafts, ridge augmentations, and other oral surgery.Doctor Elizabeth Kilpatrick Fox on oral surgery Read Transcript
Speaker 1: When oral surgery comes up, or any type of treatment, some general dentists don't do it. They refer it out. In my practice, again, we try and keep everything contained, so if someone needs an extraction and then an implant or ... they don't have to go to several different dentists. They can just come here. The surgery, whether it is one tooth, multiple teeth, an implant, gum surgery, we can just do it here and keep it in the office.
With any surgery, or again, any apprehensive, but specifically with the surgery, we obviously ... they're profoundly numb, and then we use a combination of some oral medications so that we keep you very comfortable and relaxed during the surgery. Then after the fact, we give you some other medicine so that there is not much discomfort after at all.
The types of oral surgery you can get include:
- Pocket reduction surgery, to reduce the size of “pockets” between teeth and gums so it’s more difficult for bacteria to accumulate
- Bone grafts, to improve bone density so it’s possible to successfully place dental implants
- Tissue grafts, to repair damaged gums
- Ridge augmentation, to restore the shape and strength of your jawline
- Gum reduction and crown lengthening, to remove excess gum tissue and lengthen your teeth
- Sinus lifts, to add strength to your upper jaw
- Teeth extractions, including wisdom teeth removal
- Gum lifts, to get a better balance between teeth and gums
Stay Comfortable During Oral Surgery Procedures
You want to be comfortable any time you visit the dentist. But it’s especially important if you’re having an oral surgery procedure. You can feel confident about it in our office because Dr. Fox will explain the procedure and answer all your questions before it begins. You’ll know you’re in good hands because she has performed countless surgeries in her 27 years as a dentist!
We’ll use local anesthesia to thoroughly numb your mouth so you won’t feel a thing. And you can take your mind off your mouth with:
- Headphones to enjoy music while we work
- Cable TV to watch a favorite program
- Blankets and pillows to help you relax
If you’re anxious about the procedure, Dr. Fox can provide a pill that will soothe your nerves.