Replace Missing Teeth and Make Your Smile Whole Again. Call Today for a Consultation.856-997-2767
Replace a Mouthful of Missing Teeth With Swedesboro, NJ Dentures
It used to be pretty easy to tell if someone was wearing dentures. Their teeth looked too large or obviously artificial. Sometimes their false teeth would even slip during a meal, creating an awkward moment. But thanks to improvements in materials and manufacturing methods, the newest types of dentures look far more lifelike.Doctor Elizabeth Kilpatrick Fox on Dentures Read Transcript
Speaker 1: Dentures are ... they've been around forever. And people who are missing all their teeth or need to get rid of all their teeth because of cavities or gum disease, dentures are a good way to restore them and, you know, on a reasonable amount of time. They can be made now, digitally, so that the fits are better than they were in the past. And they can give you back your smile and your support and you can chew. And if you want to, they can also be secured with some mini implants in some cases, in the lower, makes them even more secure. And then obviously if you didn't want dentures anymore, then we could help you get teeth that don't come in and out of your mouth with the help of dental implants, which act like your own teeth or the roots of your own teeth. You put the teeth on top of those. So there's several different ways to manage some missing teeth or all missing teeth.
For the most realistic smile replacement, dentures with implants give you teeth that look, feel, and function almost exactly like the ones you were born with. They:
- Keep your face looking fuller. Dental implants are embedded in your jaw, so they stimulate the bone much like tooth roots do, keeping it strong and healthy and minimizing the “sunken-in” look that can make you look older.
- Provide plenty of biting and chewing force. Being embedded in your jaw also means implants aren’t going anywhere. So your replacement teeth won’t come loose when you eat. And you won’t need messy adhesives anymore!
- Give you lots of options. Dr. Fox, a Diplomate in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, can replace just a few missing teeth to an entire mouthful of teeth with dental implant dentures. You can choose implant dentures that allow you to remove them for cleaning or ones that never need to be removed.
For more information on implant dentures or more traditional teeth replacements, call 856-997-2767.
Choose From Multiple Teeth Replacement Options
Implant dentures may or may not be for you. If you’re not interested in implants, you have more traditional options, too. You can choose full dentures to replace your whole smile or partial dentures if you still have some of your own teeth. Dr. Fox can even fit you for temporary dentures that you wear while your mouth heals following the removal of your teeth.
If you get implant dentures, your choices include:
- Implant-retained, which snap right on to your implants and are easy to remove for cleaning.
- Implant-supported, which attach to a sturdy bar connected to implants. They’re usually not removed, except by a dentist.
To find out more about dentures, call 856-997-2767.