Treat Cavities and Prevent Decay!856-997-2767
Get a Smile Fix With Swedesboro, NJ Tooth Fillings
If you have a cavity, your tooth may hurt. Even worse, you can lose the tooth if decay gets into the center of it. We have several ways to deal with decay and save teeth in our Swedesboro, NJ dental office. Early intervention is best, and for that you’ll need a tooth filling.Doctor Elizabeth Kilpatrick Fox on tooth fillings Read Transcript
Elizabeth: If people come in with cavities today, it's very simple for us to put new fillings in or replace old fillings with our new materials that we have now that match the teeth so well that lots of times, you can't even tell that you had a filling done. Again, they're not sensitive after the fact, which makes it very nice. Before, when people would have those metal fillings, you could smile and you could see gray in their teeth. Now they just blend completely away, and no one knows if you have fillings or not.
Compared to other restorations, dental fillings are:
- More affordable. A cavity is one of the least expensive dental restorations.
- Quicker. Because we won’t need to work with an outside lab, Dr. Fox can place your filling fast, usually in just one visit. You’ll get back your full smile functionality right away!
- Easier on your teeth. A filling requires less removal of healthy tooth structure than a crown.
Get a Metal-Free Filling for a More Natural Appearance
At Elizabeth Kilpatrick-Fox, DMD, we use either tooth-colored composite or porcelain for your filling. Compared to amalgam (metal) fillings, they:
- Look more natural. Unlike metal, they’ll blend in with your smile.
- Are easier to repair. An amalgam filling can’t be repaired without removing it. But Dr. Fox can repair a composite or porcelain filling without taking it out.
- Can be placed anywhere in your mouth. Dr. Fox can use composite in places where amalgam just isn’t an option, such as your front teeth.
- Carry no health risks. Though research on amalgam fillings finds no clear conclusion that the trace amounts of mercury in them are harmful, it’s never a worry with tooth-colored fillings.
Get Restorations for More Extensive Damage, Too
If your cavity is too large for a filling, Dr. Fox can repair it with an inlay or an onlay. For extensive decay, she’ll cover the tooth with a dental crown. If decay has gotten into the center of the tooth and become infected, she may be able to save it with a root canal procedure. While preserving your natural tooth is always our first choice, we can also gently extract teeth that are too damaged to save.
To see if you need a tooth filling, call 856-997-2767.